Future proof your hi-tech home
Advances in technology continue to make our lives easier, safer and more comfortable, all from your smartphone or tablet.
When you're renovating or building a new home, it's the perfect time to consider hi-tech solutions for home security, to manage your energy use and improve your entertainment experience.
While the perception is that new technology is expensive, it's not always the case. If you at least install cabling, you'll future proof your home and ensure you're able to take advantage of any advances in technology. Your options go beyond high-speed broadband, home entertainment systems and under floor heating; here are just some of the hi-tech solutions currently available:
- Keyless entry with access enabled by keypad, card or your smartphone.
- Security systems that send email and text notifications and can be armed and disarmed remotely via your smartphone.
- Know what’s going on at home with live video monitoring or saved recordings.
- Remotely control the main access points of your house including locks and the garage door.
- Have your gate open automatically when you turn into the driveway.
- Smoke alarms that not only tell you there’s a fire, but then put it out.
- Intercoms that allow you to easily communicate with every room in the house or see who is at the front door, even remotely from your smart phone or tablet.
Home automation and energy management
- No more waiting for the jug to boil with an instant boiling water tap.
- Central vacuuming is quieter and there’s no more lugging a traditional vacuum cleaner around.
- Motion sensors can trigger lights to turn on when you enter a room and turn off if no-one is occupying a room.
- Program your mechanical shutters and blinds to automatically open and close based on your heating and cooling needs.
- Allow your windows and skylights to open when it’s hot and close when it rains.
- Heating adjusts and lights and other devices turn off automatically when you leave the house.
- Control heating and lighting remotely so your home is warm and well lit by the time you get home.
- Considering going electric? Install an electric vehicle charger.