Join the Qualitas team
Qualitas Builders occasionally needs great people to join our team and work on a wide variety of quality residential renovations, extensions and new builds.
The roles that we look to fill from time to time are:
- Qualified Builder / Licensed Building Practitioner/ Tradesman
- Experienced Builder / Hammerhand
To be a great fit for our team, the right person will:
- Want to deliver a quality end result and take pride in the work they turn out.
- Want to be part of a growing team dedicated to producing beautiful homes with attention to detail and a quality finish.
- Be Health and Safety conscious and keep themselves and their teammates safe.
- Be physically fit and strong, with a good sense of humour.
- Be keen to continue learning, able to take on board constructive feedback and be open to learning new ways of doing things.
- Own a range of tools, a smartphone with email and internet access and a reliable vehicle. Apprentices should have the basic tool requirements and be committed to expanding their toolbox.
- Have good industry knowledge including building requirements and standards, and safety requirements.
- Be able to follow instructions and work unsupervised, or as part of a team.
- Be self motivated and take responsibility for their role and productivity on site.
- Be honest, reliable and well presented.
- Be able to speak and understand English. Communication is key both within our building teams and with our clients.
- Be comfortable meeting new people and be able to raise any concerns and discuss issues openly, with a committment to resolve them.
- Be respectful. Treat colleagues and our clients and their homes with absolute respect.
- Be punctual. We pride ourselves on being on time and being time efficient.
- Have a good understanding of current technology. We use technology to track timesheets, site logs and job flow management, along with client communications. You may also be required to operate an order book and procure various items from our suppliers.
- Be solutions focussed.
- Have a clean criminal history, hold a current New Zealand driving license, plus New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency or work permit.
- Pass a Drug & Alcohol test if required.
For a Site Foreman role, you would need to:
- Possess leadership skills and the desire to manage client projects end to end, including all the relevant sub trades.
- Have experience successfully running a building crew for a site and delivering quality work, on time and on budget.
- Follow company processes and procedures.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Compensation will depend on the role, responsibilities, experience, skills, qualifications and overall contribution to the business and the team.