Join the Qualitas team
Qualitas Builders occasionally needs great people to join our team and work on a wide variety of quality residential renovations, extensions and new builds.
The roles that we look to fill from time to time are:
- Qualified Builder / Licensed Building Practitioner/ Tradesman
- Experienced Builder / Hammerhand
To be a great fit for our team, you will:
- Want to deliver a quality end result and be part of a growing team dedicated to producing beautiful homes with attention to detail and a quality finish.
- Comply with all Health and Safety rules to ensure you keep yourself and your team mates safe.
- Be physically fit and strong with a good sense of humour and a desire to continue learning.
- Possess leadership skills and the desire to manage client projects end to end, including all the relevant sub trades.
- Have experience successfully running a building crew for a site and delivering quality work, on time and on budget.
- Own a range of tools, a smart phone with email and internet access and a reliable vehicle. Apprentices should have the basic tool requirements and be committed to expanding their toolbox.
- Have good industry knowledge including building requirements and standards, and safety rules.
- Be able to follow instructions and work unsupervised or as part of a team. Be self motivated and take responsibility for your role and your productivity on site.
- Be honest, reliable and well presented.
- Be able to speak and understand English. Communication is key both within our building teams and with our clients. You must comfortable meeting new people and be able to raise any concerns and discuss issues openly, with a committment to resolve them.
- Be respectful. Treating our clients and their homes with absolute respect is critical.
- Be punctual. We pride ourselves on being on time and being time efficient.
- Have a good understanding of current technology. We use technology to track timesheets, site logs and job flow management along with client communications. You may also be required to operate an order book and procure various items from our suppliers.
- Be solutions focussed.
- Have a clean criminal history, hold a current New Zealand driving license, plus New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency or work permit.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Compensation will depend on the role, responsibilities, experience, skills, qualifications and overall contribution to the business and the team.
Please email Amanda at email@example.com and make sure to include:
- Full name, current residential address, phone numbers and email address
- Details of experience, qualifications and other relevant information
- Tell us how you provide exceptional customer service and why you believe that working with us would be good for everyone (you, us and our clients)
- Two relevant recent references (written or contact details)
- Recent head and shoulders photo
- Your availability details